Sign-Up To Our Free Newsletter!  
PRAdviser.net's PR Branding Zone
 

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Small Business Clients Struggle with Web Search Terms

I have encountered many small business with one thing in common. They are insistent on how they want to be portrayed on their website. They almost never consider what a potential customer might type into a search engine to find what they are looking for.

This is the biggest mistake. It's not what you call yourself on the web, it is what someone will type to find you on the web.  I have a landscaping company client who is trying to come up with keywords and the focus on what he wants to say and not about his customers.

"I'm a do custom floral archtiecture," he said.  Hmmm me thinks very few homeowners are looking at their garden and saying "Oh wow my garden looks dreadful, I need someone to do custom floral architecture."  This is highly unlikely.

Moral of the story? Write down the top 10 terms people use to describe your business and put them on your website.

No comments: